Boot Issue on my Toshiba

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
camdaman

Boot Issue on my Toshiba

Post by camdaman »

Hey guys,

I have Felicia on my desktop computer and it works fabulously. I attempted to install it using mint4win on my Toshiba laptop. After all the installation is done and I choose for it to run, it goes to the GNOME login screen, I input my information and then it goes to a blank screen. It will play the bootup sound, then the "busy" mouse icon will appear, then freeze.

This is the 3rd time Ive tried to install Felicia, twice from a USB, one from a CD. Ive searched around the forum and found people with similar problems but never found any solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cam
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Boot Issue on my Toshiba

Post by Husse »

It can be the different hardware or actually a faulty CD especially if you did not use mint4win on the desktop
Did you check the md5sum and burned as slow as possible. Installing from a USB stick is still a bit creepy - it does not always do what you expect (but it does in most cases of course)

Return to “Installation & Boot”