Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
I'm trying to install "Felicia" on a two year old laptop. Everything seems to work pretty well up until it gets to 76% of the install and it throws me an "[Errno 5] Input/Output Error". I tried re-burning the iso and it still throws the same message in the same exact spot; 76% complete. Not sure what I should be looking for at this point. Any tips would be appreciated.
- Level 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:26 pm
Here are a couple of basics to consider (if you haven't already):
1. Are you able to boot to the LiveCD (if not probably a bad download-burn)?
2. Can't remember as it's been a while since I booted the LiveCD, if the Live has a Check CD option run it if you haven't already.
3. When you burned the iso image, did you reconcile the md5 checksum?
4. As a last non-technical resort, I'd recommend downloading it again (possibly choosing another source). Reconcile the md5 before burning the iso. Burn the iso image to the CD at the slowest speed you can.
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015
- Level 6
- Posts: 1230
- Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:47 am
- Location: Carmel, Indiana USA at /var/www
How much RAM does the laptop have?
The Main Edition and KDE CE Live CD's need at least 384 MB of physical RAM available (512 MB recommended). Most laptops use SMA (Shared Memory Architecture) that takes some portion of system RAM to be used for graphics RAM, so you have to take that into account as well.
- Level 5
- Posts: 744
- Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 am
- Location: /root
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Justin83, katmandan, The_moho, virus7711 and 15 guests