mint4win is great........

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: mint4win is great........

Post by Husse »

The credit goes to merlwiz79
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
keithp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by keithp »

Sorry if this is a daft question.

Please, how do you get mint4win?

I have run the 'main' live CDs of both Mint5 and Mint6, searching their desktops. I have updated the repositories and searched them, I have searched Software Portal. But can't find mint4win. :(

Where is it?

I guessed that if I ran the live CD, I would find mint4win. Then I would click on it to install it on my XP hard drive, and it would then install Mint.

Many thanks to anyone who can give me a clue to solve the mystery!

Cheers

Keith
Husse

Post by Husse »

No It's not a daft question - I don't remember how I started it
Ah if you have Windows running and insert the CD it should start automatically.
If not try to double click mint4win.exe
keithp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by keithp »

Thanks Husse.

You have solved the mystery for me. :D

Thank you also, for all the hard work you do both on the forum and writing the newsletter.

It's all very much appreciated.

Cheers

Keith

Can you change the size of the mint4win disk?

Post by Guest »

I'm just starting to use mint, and I must say, I'm pretty impressed so far. I've tried Ubuntu before, but, my wireless card didn't work. Mint worked with no fuss.

I installed it using mint4win and I gave myself 10 GB of space. I figured this would be plenty of room, but, somehow ALL of the space got used. I'm not sure why or how becuase I haven't installed that much software and I don't have ANY documents or media files (I've stored everything externally). I uninstalled WINE and some other software and when I rebooted, I had about 1 1/2 gigs left. That still seems like I've got a bunch of files I don't know about...

Anyway, is it possible to change the size of the mint4win partition? Or maybe I have to reinstall to get more space? I'm thinking I might just use an external drive for mint if I have to start over.

Thanks!
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you use mint4win you don't have to give it a partition of its own
But I see that my mint4win uses 6.3 GB which is a bit more than I expected (in Vista)
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Can you change the size of the mint4win disk?

Post by merlwiz79 »

Guest wrote:I'm just starting to use mint, and I must say, I'm pretty impressed so far. I've tried Ubuntu before, but, my wireless card didn't work. Mint worked with no fuss.

I installed it using mint4win and I gave myself 10 GB of space. I figured this would be plenty of room, but, somehow ALL of the space got used. I'm not sure why or how becuase I haven't installed that much software and I don't have ANY documents or media files (I've stored everything externally). I uninstalled WINE and some other software and when I rebooted, I had about 1 1/2 gigs left. That still seems like I've got a bunch of files I don't know about...

Anyway, is it possible to change the size of the mint4win partition? Or maybe I have to reinstall to get more space? I'm thinking I might just use an external drive for mint if I have to start over.

Thanks!
Looks like this page has a way to install a partition manager that'll let you resize the virtual hard drives.
http://lubi.sourceforge.net/lvpm.html

Return to “Installation & Boot”