which type/repor (?) of mint should i use?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dutch1

which type/repor (?) of mint should i use?

Post by dutch1 »

hello all,

After a period of using Ubuntu, I am now using Felicita installed from the live-cd.

looking at the install-information I also saw other version a.o. the so-called - RC1-version.

Please inform m whichg type I should use.

Hans
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FedoraRefugee

Re: which type/repor (?) of mint should i use?

Post by FedoraRefugee »

The "RC1" you saw stands for "release candidate 1." It is probably the Xfce edition. AFAIK the KDE and Flux versions are not released yet. Well, KDE might be, I do not know, I stay well clear of KDE. There is also an "unofficial" debian version which they are calling GLACIX. I guess that is the only debian version? It gets complicated. Which one should YOU use? Lol, while I am at it let me tell you which car you should drive! :D I use the Xfce RC1 edition and I can assure you it is fine for use. In fact, I would call it the most perfect Linux distro I have ever saw! Before that I used the Gnome version for a few weeks. I installed and ran Xfce on top of Gnome and it worked but I had a few problems. I am sure if I had just run Gnome it would have been good. Take your pick.
dutch1

Post by dutch1 »

hi,

thanks for the reply.
simple, i should not change things, hmm, yes i am 65,lol

but what is better in RC1, or is it just a version before the final release will produced?

last question i promise,lol altho..

Hans
confused.brit

Post by confused.brit »

Rc1 means they think it works and is ready for release, and have it out there for members of the general public to test.

Usually that means it is stable, but might have a minor, non-distructive bug or two. Unless your talking about Microsoft software, where it's better to wait til SP1!
dutch1

Post by dutch1 »

hello again for the lastb time,

thanks for the help.
using mint now for a longer time, and very happy with it, for me it looks more friendly than ubuntu.
also i installed the mint version on my EEE.
There however I am looking for a better alternative.

Hans

Return to “Installation & Boot”