Mint 6 XFCE Live CD Boot Failure

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Mint 6 XFCE Live CD Boot Failure

Post by vinoman »

I've tried two times but both live CDs gives me this Boot Error:
Disk Error 10, AX = 4280 drive EF

could it be a bad image from the download? I'll guess I'll start all over.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Mint 6 XFCE Live CD Boot Failure

Post by Husse »

Always check the md5sum - in Mint (and I know you have Mint) it's available with a right click
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

I did that and it was correct. I downloaded a new image and burned a new copy. It did the same thing. I then booted it on my other PC and it booted live on that one but the screen resolution was so bad that I couldn't get down to the toolbar to even reboot. I had this happen with the new 64 bit Gnome version. I've used Mint for two years and never had these problems. The regular Mint 6 live CD works fine, but these community live CDs don't work as well. Why would they be so different?
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Are you saying this only occurs with the 64 bit version? If this is the case then just use the 32 bit. In my opinion it is impossible to tell them apart except that 64 bit has more bugs.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

viking777 wrote:Are you saying this only occurs with the 64 bit version? If this is the case then just use the 32 bit. In my opinion it is impossible to tell them apart except that 64 bit has more bugs.
I have Mint 5 and Mint 6 on two separate hdds and they both work perfectly.

It's the 64bit and Xfce live CDs that both had trouble booting up.

I'll stick with the standard versions. But it would be nice to find out why they don't boot?
Husse

Post by Husse »

There are differences, maybe not for boot in itself but when the desktop is to appear it's not done the same (obviously as they are a different Desktop Environment)
I can't tell you what is the problem for you - I'd probably have to use your computer for that...
I regard this as closed if you don't mind
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

Husse wrote:There are differences, maybe not for boot in itself but when the desktop is to appear it's not done the same (obviously as they are a different Desktop Environment)
I can't tell you what is the problem for you - I'd probably have to use your computer for that...
I regard this as closed if you don't mind
No I don't mind.

Return to “Installation & Boot”