Windows dual issue

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Windows dual issue

Postby evrgreen on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi, so downloaded Mint cause it's pretty... I have used RH's Fedora since ZOD (bout 5 years) and it's a little hard to get used to the inerface... I wanted a Distro much like mint for my laptop (capible of dual boot, clean, sexy). Mint works well except I cannot mount (too lazy to try actuall mount command) my windows drive. when previously using fedora (which works fine just not look as nice) I always would soft link The documents in /home/*/ to /media/disk-whatever/Users/*/Docs if I stop being lazy unistall mint from the exe install and install it boot cd style will I get a grub( I like grub ) and will I be able to access my win partition... I don't want to waste time trying if it's not going to work...

BTW hats[fedora's included, lol] off to the mint team... this distro is simple enough I might be able to convice my pears to convert to linux *(figures crossed)
evrgreen
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Windows dual issue

Postby Husse on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:16 am

Is this in mint4win?
Regardless of it it is or it is a "normal" install you have access to the Win partitions, they are just not automounted
Double click and they mount - the first time you'll be asked for your password (there is an option "Remember this...")
Later on you may get an error message but after that it'll mount OK with double click
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Installation & Boot