Mint install overwrite Fedora

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mint install overwrite Fedora

Postby lzlu123 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 am

Hi All,

I had a dual boot system with WinXP and Fedora 10 before I installed Linux Mint 6. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed Linux Mint 6 in the system on a free partition. The installation went well and succesfully. However, there is one and big problem to me: it now shows Linux mint 6 and Winxp, the Fedora is no longer shown in the initial grub screen.

I am pretty sure the Fedora is still there, since I use Gparted to check and find it. How can I get Fedora 10 back? Is it possible to create a triple boot system with Linux mint, winxp and Fedora?

Thanks in Advance.
lzlu123
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint install overwrite Fedora

Postby muppetjones on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 pm

In Vista, I know there are a couple of programs to help edit the boot loader for windows -- works pretty well for Vista / 7, might work for Linux?

Also, maybe check this thread out? [url]http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23938[\url]
-------
Algernon: Yes, but you must be serious about it. I hate people who are not serious about meals. It is so shallow of them.
The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde
muppetjones
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint install overwrite Fedora

Postby DataMan on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:48 am

Check your /boot/grub/menu.lst file . I had problems in the past with some Mint installs that did not adequately pickup all of my other Lx ops on the hard drive.

DataMan
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015
DataMan
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Installation & Boot