create backup installation disk of whole system.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: create backup installation disk of whole system.

Post by Husse »

If you can burn a DVD you can use some ghosting software
I use partimage to back up to a backup hard disk, you can reduce the size to about 60 % of the original

Code: Select all

apt install partimage
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

To expand a bit on Husse's response, I've put together a small tech paper on my backup strategy. At the tail end of the article, I've provided some content on the use of Partimage. The article can be found in the Backup Strategy at:
http://www.boomerclan.info/techpaperslx.html.

-DataMan
Husse

Post by Husse »

And thinking of it there's an excellent topic in the How to section of the forum called something like Backup the Unix way
and also in the forum Fred has, I think, written some guide about it
gewitty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gewitty »

You might also take a look at Clonezilla - www.clonezilla.org - I use this and find it pretty easy to create a complete backup image of my entire system.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Yeah, I use clonezilla as well, it is very reliable, but I would never associate the adjective 'easy' with it - unless of course you compare it to partimage. Both of them need to be ripped apart and rebuilt by humans.

Return to “Installation & Boot”