Error 17

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
emorrp1

Re: Error 17

Post by emorrp1 »

Apparently error 17 just means grub has detected a change in the filesystems it wasn't expecting. Some reports say that removing a USB flash drive solved the issue. Basically remove as many mass storage devices as you can afford to, and try again. You might also have to go through the familiar sequence of restoring your MBR (just google it) If you need an immediate solution, use windows' fixmbr on the recovery disc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

yes, but to be honest, I often find that reinstalling is the least time-consuming solution!!! You said before that you had a third unpartitioned drive. I assume this is the RAID setup, try removing those, perhaps grub doesn't like RAID
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

not without trying one of my suggestions, I'd try restoring the MBR, then if that doesn't work probably reinstall (it only takes about 15mins afterall)

Hm... quick thought, are you (or have you) doing what I know some people do when dualbooting windows on two separate drives, namely only having one of them in at a time. If you are, try using it in the same configuration you had when you installed mint. If you're not, try it.

Maybe someone else has some more Ideas, but I've given you a couple of suggestions to go on, and can't do anything else unless you have more info (gained by trying one of the suggestions and reporting what happened)
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Return to “Installation & Boot”