Mint 7 bootup

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mint 7 bootup

Postby Fornhamfred on Thu May 07, 2009 3:11 pm

I have installed 7 and am very happy with it but it will only boot up in compatability mode. When I ran the live cd it booted up fine in the default mode. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

I am running it on a Dell Inspiron Pentium 2.8 with Igb ram and integrated Intel graphics.

As a side line all the problems which I had with Felicia have been resolved in 7. Great product.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 7 bootup

Postby rivenathos on Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 pm

I am guessing it is related to the Intel driver since that has been a point of discussion in numerous threads over at Ubuntu. You may wish to check those Ubuntu 9.04 release notes, as well as some of those threads where certain chipsets are mentioned.

I have had to use compatibility mode for the live CD in Mint 6, but once installed, it ran normally. While initially irksome, it was not a showstopper.

With Mint 7, I have not had to use compatibility mode. Everything else works on my end, too. I am looking forward to the final release.
Debian 7 with GNOME 64-bit
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint 7 bootup

Postby Fornhamfred on Fri May 08, 2009 1:46 am

Thanks

Yes I had to use compatability mode to load the cd in Mint 6 but once installed was OK but this is the other way round and I cannot see from the screen output any reason why this should occur. I think I may reinstall using compatability mode to run the cd and then see if the install situation changes.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Installation & Boot