I am going to start planning for my reinstall of Mint 7 when it is released. To that end, I'm trying to make sure I've got all much ducks in a row, as I finally have Ming 6 running the way I want.
1) I've backed up my packages with: dpkg –get-selections | grep -v deinstall > ubuntu-files
2) I backed up my /etc/apt/sources.list (is this even a good idea?)
3) I have /home on a separate partition
1) Is there anything else I should get off to safety?
2) What do I need to do to save all my compiz settings, etc?
3) I have VMWare Server Installed -- does anyone know how to transfer all those settings? I don't want to have to reactivate my XP install if I don't have to. (need this for my iPhone/iTunes).
As usual -- thanks you guys (and gals!)