Mint 7 Loading Screen?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mint 7 Loading Screen?

Postby geistschatten on Wed May 27, 2009 11:31 pm

I just downloaded and successfully installed Mint 7 Main Edition, but why does the loading screen (see attachment) look so....unfinished?

I mean I like the loading screen for Mint 6, it looked sleek and professional, this new one looks way too basic. Why the change?
Attachments
Screenshot-Linux Mint 7 [Running] - Sun VirtualBox.png
Screenshot-Linux Mint 7 [Running] - Sun VirtualBox.png (27.05 KiB) Viewed 426 times
geistschatten
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 7 Loading Screen?

Postby Zwopper on Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 am

I believe the decision was made so it would look good on any resolution, which the old one did not, depending on your resolution, you sometimes would get a big ugly black frame around the striped background image.
My artwork at deviantART | My Tweet
CREA DIEM!
Lenovo E320 | 8GB | 512GB Samsung 840 PRO - SSD | Ubuntu 14.04
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Postby emorrp1 on Thu May 28, 2009 4:43 am

My first reaction to the new usplash was the exact opposite of yours, I thought it looked sleek and professional (though I still like the old stripes one), so I guess it's all a matter of choice and personal preference.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Postby solar1951 on Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 am

geistschatten wrote:I just downloaded and successfully installed Mint 7 Main Edition, but why does the loading screen (see attachment) look so....unfinished?

I mean I like the loading screen for Mint 6, it looked sleek and professional, this new one looks way too basic. Why the change?

I agree completely. On my installation of Elyssa I have an "ugly black frame" around the logo and I think it looks better than the overlarge Gloria. A smaller version of the Ubuntu studio screen using Linux Mint might be cool.
Anyway personal choice and you dont see it for long !
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Postby curt_grymala on Thu May 28, 2009 10:19 pm

emorrp1 wrote:My first reaction to the new usplash was the exact opposite of yours, I thought it looked sleek and professional (though I still like the old stripes one), so I guess it's all a matter of choice and personal preference.

I agree with you. I really like all of the new artwork in Gloria.
curt_grymala
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Installation & Boot