Persistency ?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darkon11
Level 1
Level 1

Persistency ?

Post by darkon11 »

I've installed mint 7 on a SD card with the procedure found on pendrivelinux.com but when I try to boot with the persistency option I get stuck at the command line.
BTW, it boots perfectly in the compatibility mode but since I'd like to keep my settings I wish to know if there's a workaround.
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Persistency ?

Post by Husse »

What is your hardware?
You may have to use the Compatibility option on your hardware
I don't know if you can use the Compatibility option when you make it persistent, but that could be your only option
When you boot the live CD in Compatibility mode the installed version will use it too, but in most cases you can install a graphics driver and get rid of the problem
darkon11
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Persistency ?

Post by darkon11 »

Husse wrote:What is your hardware?
I've a AMD x2 4200+ on a ASUS A8R32MVP with a X1600XT SK
Husse wrote:You may have to use the Compatibility option on your hardware
That's what I do. It's the only option.
Husse wrote:I don't know if you can use the Compatibility option when you make it persistent, but that could be your only option
When you boot the live CD in Compatibility mode the installed version will use it too, but in most cases you can install a graphics driver and get rid of the problem
I simply can't make it persistent. Since I'm on an SD card I don't even have the live CD on. Any driver will be erased at next reboot.

Return to “Installation & Boot”