Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Before you post please read this
I have a Intel E 4500 core 2 duo desltop. Should I use Mint & Main or Mint 7 x64.
I use Felicia Main 32 bit at present.
Thanks for advise.
Last edited by dnmint
on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Level 4
- Posts: 393
- Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
- Location: Hyderabad, India ( mostly travelling)
I checked on the Intel site and it seems that your processor (E4500) supports EM64T. I think Mint7 x64 will install and run on your computer.http://processorfinder.intel.com/Details.aspx?sSpec=SLA95
- Code: Select all
# Dual Core
# Enhanced Intel Speedstep® Technology
# Intel® EM64T
# Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
# Execute Disable Bit
# Intel® Thermal Monitor 2
- Mint7 x64 on a PC with Intel Q8400 CPU, Intel DG45ID M/Board, 8GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia 9500GT, 320GB & 1TB SATA HDDs -
- Level 1
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 am
I do believe you should give Mint 7 64-bit a test drive. There is an extremely high probability you will keep it. Have fun.
Debian 7 with GNOME 64-bit
- Level 6
- Posts: 1066
- Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 am
- Location: USA
Just do as I did and dual boot Mint 7 Main Edition and Mint 7 x64. This will give you a chance to compare two OS side by side and decide which is best for your system and computing needs.
PS, I've been dual booting since the RC1 release and still haven't made up my mind. I may just keep both.
Registered Linux User 483387
- Level 13
- Posts: 4605
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:54 am
- Location: Right about here
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests