How to remove Linux Mint?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

How to remove Linux Mint?

Postby Rich219 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Linux Mint just isn't for me. Can anyone tell me how to completely remove it from my HD so I can install Windows 7? This is on a new build so ideally I'd like to remove everything on my HD and go back to how it was before I installed the OS.
Rich219
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to remove Linux Mint?

Postby emorrp1 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi, Rich219, we'll be sorry to see you leave. Linux Mint is an OS, and as such is not uninstalled, in the same way you don't uninstall windows. You can simply install Windows on the hard-drive as if it was blank. If you want to make the disk look even more blank to windows, then boot into the liveCD, run "Partition Manager", delete all the partitions and click apply. If you ever decide to give linux another try (there'll be another two versions of mint released even before the win7 rc trial runs out) you might want to read the article "Linux is not Windows" which explains the main concepts: http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Installation & Boot