Trouble instaling mint

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Trouble instaling mint

Postby jovan300 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:46 pm

When i reach the partition screen, there are no partitions to choose from, please help..Check the screenshot. :(

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/87/screenshotjhi.png

Sorry but i couldn't upload it directly to the forums.
jovan300
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Trouble instaling mint

Postby jovan300 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Can anyone at least pointme in the right direction, do i need to give more info, what could do, any help is better than none at all.
jovan300
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Fred on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 pm

jovan300,

Download and burn, slowly, the latest stable version of gparted live cd iso, (url below). You could use the gparted version in the menu of the live cd install disk but just in case it is bad, which is a distinct possibility, it would be nice to have a means of verification. Use the gparted live cd to make your partitions.

I would suggest pre-making your partitions and then doing the install. When you get to the partitioning part select "manual" and assign the pre-made partitions to the mount points.

http://download.linux-live-cd.org/Super ... sgd/cdrom/

I am assuming you are making a standard install, not an install through Windows. If you are trying to install through Windows, the above info does not apply to you. I can't help you with that situation.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby viking777 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:23 pm

I presume the picture you link to shows the live cd running? If so then run it again, open a terminal and type

Code: Select all
sudo fdisk -l

I think that works from the live cd, and at least it will tell us what fdisk thinks your hard drive contains. This may or may not give a clue as to why the installer doesn't see anything.

Of course as Fred alludes, you may just have a faulty installation disk.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Return to Installation & Boot