First Boot Won't Load

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

First Boot Won't Load

Postby Spott on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Hey, I just installed Linux Mint KDE and I noticed something unusual right when I started to download it, and that was that when I opened the installation, the only option was Linux_Mint_x64, I didn't see any regular or x32.
But, I installed it anyway speaking that I believe my computer can run 64 bit. But, after I downloaded it (which strangely took quite a while, 3 hours [strange because Ubuntu was just around an hour]) I reboot it like it said and... well it was very slow at booting, but I thought it was normal sense it was the first time... but after that it loaded a lot of words checking OK after it, it was very fast, but it stopped while "loading bluetooth"
I literally waited around 30 minutes and it wouldn't do anything. I rebooted my computer and it didn't change at all and I'm about to go to Ubuntu or possibly another Linux OS which I don't really want to.

Any suggestions?

P.S. It did the same thing with the regular version of Linux Mint
Last edited by Spott on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spott
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: First Boot Won't Load

Postby DrHu on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Spott wrote:Hey, I just installed Linux Mint KDE and I noticed something unusual right when I started to download it, and that was that when I opened the installation, the only option was Linux_Mint_x64, I didn't see any regular or x32
P.S. It did the same thing with the regular version of Linux Mint

Yo get to pick the releases to download
http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
--just read more carefully..

OK, so which Linux distribution or other OS is running on the machine now
--if you have a problem with bluetooth, just see if you can disable it in the BIOS of the machine; or say if Ubuntu or whichever Linux you have been able to install uses, does it Bluetooth or not ?
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Re: First Boot Won't Load

Postby Spott on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:50 am

Right now I'm on Windows XP Pro and the last time I installed a Linux OS was.. around half a year I believe. It was Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex and it worked completely well (it was installed using Wubi, don't know if that makes any difference) and I never use Bluetooth but it didn't seem to be a problem when I installed it, it just pasted by like normal.
I'll look in my BIOS and look and try to disable BlueTooth and see if that makes any difference, I'd rather not to go threw to much hassle, but this isn't much. As long as I get Linux Mint or a good working Linux OS I'm good to go :)

-- Okay, I couldn't find how to disable bluetooth anywhere in my BIOS but I did wait longer when I booted this time and nothing changed but after every few minutes it would say
[369.368008] INFO: task hid2hci:5498 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
[369.368054] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

It'd do that continuously, so I just shut it down again, any suggestions?
Spott
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot