Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Recently my computer has been acting up. I turn it on and I get no display - rather a black screen. It sounds like the computer is loading BIOS/doing the POST routine (ie it makes the noise my computer normally makes when I turn it on). This happened yesterday and after a few reboots it fixed itself. Now it will not fix itself after many reboots. The only thing different is I am not running on AC power (I left my charger at home, so I can't do anything until later)...Until then, any ideas?
- Level 1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 am
I am assuming you see no text on the screen at all and do not get the POST completed beep? If that is the case then you have either a:
1) faulty video chip
2) faulty CPU or motherboard
3) faulty power supply system
(in that order of likelihood)
If you do get the POST completed successfully beep and still get a black screen with no text whatsoever then you have either a:
1) faulty LCD screen/monitor/video cable
2) faulty CPU/motherboard (somewhat unlikely if POST completes OK).
- Level 7
- Posts: 1888
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:38 pm
- Location: an island in the Pacific...
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests