mintinstall update error ... (SOLVED)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rfd
Level 3
Level 3

mintinstall update error ... (SOLVED)

Post by rfd »

"E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libmagickwand1_7%3a6.4.5.4.dfsg1-1ubuntu3.1_i386.deb: corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive"

is this on the server side or my pc?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: mintinstall update error ...

Post by DrHu »

rfd wrote:"E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libmagickwand1_7%3a6.4.5.4.dfsg1-1ubuntu3.1_i386.deb: corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive"
/var/cache is your side after the download, it will only know it is a corrupt file when it tries to install or open (read) the file's content.
--I don't know why E: is there, is this a windows partition you are sharing from ?, or is it Error

Check the server this way..
mint menu>System>Software manager; enter your password, then click the refresh icon (top left side of MintInstall screen), will connect to the servers (Mint) and update the applications list including screenshots..
--if that works well, try reinstalling your application..
Muzer

Re: mintinstall update error ...

Post by Muzer »

E: means error
rfd
Level 3
Level 3

Re: mintinstall update error ... (SOLVED)

Post by rfd »

turns out that the file in question was corrupt (on my machine) - since i have 3 other pc's running mint 7, i copied and overwrote it, ran mintinstall and updated the system. i love super simple solutions. :wink:

Return to “Installation & Boot”