[SOLVED] USB Keyboard not working correctly

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SilverOne

[SOLVED] USB Keyboard not working correctly

Post by SilverOne »

Its me again,
A friend of mine has recently installed Mint 7 64 bit onto his desktop computer which is also running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. The only problem we are having right now is the fact that his usb keyboard does not get recognized on either the vista bootloader or the mint boot loader.
The keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse2 usb keyboard, trying to keep the ability to dual boot because he does have some programs that will not run in WINE and dont want the overhead of running virtualbox with windows in it.
Any ideas on how to fix this? IE: Would it be possible to load the drivers for the keyboard when grub loads?
I ask because the keyboard works great in Mint but does not respond at grub, and I dont think this is a linux only issue since his keyboard does not work in the vista bootloader either.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pluraldave

Re: USB Keyboard not working correctly

Post by pluraldave »

Does the USB keyboard work for the computer BIOS menus? If not use a PS/2 keyboard to get into the BIOS and look for a "USB legacy" option.

I don't know of any way to get usb support in grub unless it is enabled in the BIOS options.
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne »

Yes he can get into bios with the usb keyboard, its only during the bootloaders that the keyboard does not want to work.
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

Still check the BIOS for a USB legacy option. I don't know why USB breaks at grub...
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne »

Bah, thats the one thing I hadn't checked since it always worked before. I feel like an id10t now, been working with computers so long and that was something I missed. Thanks, its all working now.

Return to “Installation & Boot”