Unable to boot through live cd

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Unable to boot through live cd

Postby k86ster on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 am

Hi,
I got linux mint 7 live cd from a friend,booted through it once and i checked whether i was comfortable enough as i have not used linux much in past, i have windows xp as my basic os, when i inserted linux mint live cd while i was working in windows i received 3 options , one of which was 'install inside windows' the option which i wanted, i followed the procedure and completed the installation, when i rebooted my machine and selected Linux Mint from dual boot option i received 'Busybox 1.10.2...' error,
so i thought may be it was due to bad installation,so i logged into windows again and removed linux mint from control panel.
The problem now i am facing is, ever since i un-installed linux from windows, i am no longer able to boot from the live cd, i even checked the md5sum of the iso which was correct and even tried burning another cd but without any luck.
whenever i try booting from the live cd it shows me some Copyright Iso linux message momentarily and then nothing, only blank screen.
Can anyone help me with this? if it helps i have formatted and reinstalled windows xp, but still i am not able to boot through the linux live cd.. :( while installing windows though i booted through windows installation cd, so if it was a problem of my cd drive i should not have been able to boot through windows cd too! its confusing..pls help!
k86ster
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Unable to boot through live cd

Postby someuhguy on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Try a different version of linux mint such as 6. Maybe you altered the bios, and need to put it back to the way it was. I'v had a similar problem before with mint 6, so I tried mint 7. I almost think that when you uninstall it it leaves some sort of signature saying "don't install I'm already here".
someuhguy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to boot through live cd

Postby k86ster on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:23 pm

hey thanks a lot! i will try installing version 6 and see..
will post the result here..
k86ster
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot