Live CD in German?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Live CD in German?

Postby airmaniac on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:43 pm

First, a big HELLO @all!

I had already tried the 2.0 version of Mint - it had impressed me quite a lot. Normally using Ubuntu since two years, I had no difficulties installing or using Mint... Yesterday, I downloaded Bea.

2.0 came with various languages, among which there was also German, right? So, I was a little disappointed to see only English and French in the boot menu. Mint has the potential to bring a lot of people to Linux - rock solid Ubuntu in the background with everything installed the "non-interested" users would like.

But in the current configuration with only two languages to boot, I see little chance to capture many addicts here in my home country... Or have I simply downloaded the "wrong" ISO?

On my Notebook (slightly outdated Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook C1020), Mint runs perfectly - with German installed after install.

I
airmaniac
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby 900i on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:29 pm

Welcome to the Minty place :D
Intel i7 3770 LMDE Mate 64
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Postby clem on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi,

- The language support was taken out of Bea because the text from Barbara was referring to Ubuntu and that wasn't suitable

- We only found translators for English and French. If you're willing to help you can translate isolinux in German (I'll tell interested people how to do that for their language, contact me by PM).

- Once installed you can activate German here: System->Administration->Language Support.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby No-Aim on Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:11 am

I would like to translate Bea to german!

I read you're thread about translating (with vi ;) ), but i hope you'll send me some more infos via pm!
No-Aim
Level 1
Level 1

Postby clem on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Hi No-Aim,

What info do you need? Once you've got those two files in German that's it.. we've got German support.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby No-Aim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:53 am

Ok, then i'll go into my chamber, just with the Live cd, my PC and a glas of water, see u next year :-P
No-Aim
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kenetics on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:20 pm

No-Aim wrote:Ok, then i'll go into my chamber, just with the Live cd, my PC and a glas of water, see u next year :-P

Auf wiedersehen!
Prosit Neujahr!
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Installation & Boot