Resolution Fujitsu Siemens V5535 xorg.conf

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheHopPicker

Resolution Fujitsu Siemens V5535 xorg.conf

Post by TheHopPicker »

I have been using Linux Mint on my Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile laptop since version 4 was released. However I have always had resolution problems in that the maximum resolution available was 640x480. The native resolution is 1280x800 WXGA.

I have solved the problem by modifying xorg.conf by adding under 'monitor':
HorizSync 28 – 72
VertRefresh 43 - 60

Having installed 'Helena' there is no xorg.conf on my machine.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

PS The VGA controller is Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter (rev 10)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pompom

Re: Resolution Fujitsu Siemens V5535 xorg.conf

Post by pompom »

Welcome to Linux Mint!

There are Three Amigos in Linux: apropos, whereis, and locate that won't lead you astray.

Code: Select all

locate xorg.conf
Most of the time /etc is the configuration portion for your system; otherwise, some file specific information is loaded in the dot prefixed files in your /home directory.

Cheers,

pompom
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

TheHopPicker wrote: Having installed 'Helena' there is no xorg.conf on my machine.

Can anyone suggest a solution?
This is normal.

Write one. I think I'm right in saying you only need to put in the sections you need to change. That should override the automatic configuration. I think... :?
TheHopPicker

Post by TheHopPicker »

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay in acknowledging them. This is due to moving home. I will take up the suggestions in the next couple of days unpacking boxes allowing.

Thanks again, I will report back
TheHopPicker

Post by TheHopPicker »

I copied xorg.conf from Gloria and installed it in /etc/X11/ in Helena. On re-starting the a lsingle line of text (unreadable) flashed on and off at the top of the screen.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Can you boot (using a Live CD or whatever means necessary) and then supply the xorg.conf that you put in, and the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -co -G
, and mayhap the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log from the installed partition?

Return to “Installation & Boot”