Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Before you post please read this
IF you have installed LM8 but it will not boot up. DO NOT GIVE UP AND GO BACK TO WINDOWS!
I don't know why this is and I don't care, but this was the only way I could get LM8 working on by pc.
HOW TO get LM8 when install will not work right?
1. Get LM7 http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=38
and install it.
2. Upgrade LM7 to LM8 http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1144
3. Have fun with LM8 and F**K M$ windows!
- Level 2
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 pm
Not a recommended solution, only use as the very last resort - there are issues with upgrading (any OS)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
- Level 21
- Posts: 19714
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 am
- Location: Near Borås Sweden
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests