Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
IF you have installed LM8 but it will not boot up. DO NOT GIVE UP AND GO BACK TO WINDOWS!
I don't know why this is and I don't care, but this was the only way I could get LM8 working on by pc.
HOW TO get LM8 when install will not work right?
1. Get LM7 http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=38
and install it.
2. Upgrade LM7 to LM8 http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1144
3. Have fun with LM8 and F**K M$ windows!
- Level 2
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 pm
Not a recommended solution, only use as the very last resort - there are issues with upgrading (any OS)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
- Level 21
- Posts: 19703
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 am
- Location: Near Borås Sweden
Users browsing this forum: JOPETA and 11 guests