Quick question about "Import documents and settings"

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dirtpile

Quick question about "Import documents and settings"

Post by dirtpile »

Haven't seen option available before due to XP previously being a migrated copy so it just said none available. (from fakeRAID to single bigger drive, now on fresh install)

My question is, regarding the documents, does it copy them over or just make them readily accessible? IE automount or Nautilus bookmark.

I ask because the drive I'm installing to doesn't have enough room for all of it. (one of the reasons for migrated XP)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
breaker

Re: Quick question about "Import documents and settings"

Post by breaker »

copies
dirtpile

Post by dirtpile »

I figured that was likely the case.

That would make for a really long install for some people. I think i would need about 3 days.
breaker

Post by breaker »

You could have your windows drive mount automatically at boot, then you can access everything from Linux that way. I only know how to do it by editing the fstab, but maybe there is a gui interface to do the same thing, otherwise search around about how to add an entry to the fstab, or use this info: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab

Return to “Installation & Boot”