Will Mint work on MA-GA785g-UD2H

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
archp2008

Will Mint work on MA-GA785g-UD2H

Post by archp2008 »

I'm wondering if Mint will install on a Gigabyte GA785g-UD2H motherboard with the integrated ATI4200 graphics. I note that there are no Linux drivers listed on the Gigabyte site but ATI seems to have one for the integrated ATI 4200. I was hoping to use the Grub with Mint 7 to create a quadruple boot loader. I used to have XP/Vista/Win7 triplebooting but since having to reinstall XP I now only have WinXP. I have had a lot of success multibooting win Grub via Mint 7 installations in the past.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Will Mint work on MA-GA785g-UD2H

Post by gn2 »

YEEHAA!

Almost a Googlewhack!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB ... 4&ie=UTF-8

Doesn't look like anyone has tried, you'll just have to blaze the trail yourself....
archp2008

Re: Will Mint work on MA-GA785g-UD2H

Post by archp2008 »

The Mint worked; however, the multiboot grub loader it created did not. Only the first of the three Windows installations it listed (the WinXP) worked. The other two came up with a black screen saying to insert the Windows disk and do a repair. I'm wondering if such a repair will knock out everything else, including and, perhaps especially, the Linux Mint Grub boot menu which does have the XP on it. Actually my Win7 disk doesn't seem to offer a repair option as such, just an install option in which the present windows 7 installation is copied to a windows.old folder but the files inside it are supposed to be still retrievable from there from the new installation. Any advice on where to go from here to get a 4-way boot menu would be much appreciated.
Last edited by archp2008 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Installation & Boot”