Mount of filesystem failed

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mount of filesystem failed

Postby Stuartirish on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Ok I'm new to linux meaning I download it last night had some issue with mouse so today I downloaded it again and installed it. Got to desktop and everything fine got into chat and said hello then mouse stop responding so using keyboard i tried to ask for help but half way in the message keyboard stops responding. everything else is still working fine cause i can see new message appearing in the chat so i restart

This time i started updates right away and go into chat and ask for help and being the nice people you guys are i got someone to help me. they said to do the update which i sad going. at this point my mouse had stopped working and so did the keyboard and i couldn't see the updates so I restarted and started the updates up again

this time got them done and installed again by the time they were done the keyboard and mouse weren't working so i restarted this time however it never reached the desktop and have me this

Mount of Filesystem failed
A maintaince shell will now be started
CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and re-try
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue): #starting init crypto disks...... [OK]

so i trype my password it and all i get is one of those Q&A (which are funny) and then this line

Stuart-Desktop~#

I'm running Mint-8 on a dell dimension c521

I was thinking Re-install Linux but doesn't seem to be solving my problem
Stuartirish
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mount of filesystem failed

Postby MaddogF16 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Unfortunately the restarts when updates may not have been done, may have lead to this issue. I would re- install, but first off is this a desktop setup or laptop? If desktop, are you using a wireless mouse and keyboard? If so try a corded pair till we get you going full tilt. If wireless, are the batteries good?
MaddogF16
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mount of filesystem failed

Postby Stuartirish on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks for the help but I've re-installed and everything is working flawlessly.

Thanks again loving the help on here and in IRC Chat

Stuart.
(This topic can be closed)
Stuartirish
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot