UpSplash image [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BigSteve_G

UpSplash image [SOLVED]

Post by BigSteve_G »

Is there any easy (I'm new to Mint) way to change the usplash (or upsplash (whatever its called)) screen? - the Mint one was ok with the Mint logo on a black background I just editted grub config' file to remove the quiet part from the boot process. I then installed KDE which took it upon its self to replace the Mint boot & shutdown screens with Kubuntu ones which I dont mind as such but would much prefer my own image displayed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: UpSplash image

Post by remoulder »

Easiest (and gui) way is to install startupmanager via synaptic package manager though it's not fully compatible with grub2 yet.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
BigSteve_G

Post by BigSteve_G »

Thanks I will give it a go, but since writing my original post I've kinda changed my mind as to how I'm wanting to do it - I dont mind doing a little walking in terminal, is it as easy as replacing a file? - the reason I've decided to try this way is so that once I know how to if poss' I can write a script to carry it out on other machines for me.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
BigSteve_G

Re: UpSplash image [SOLVED]

Post by BigSteve_G »

Just a quick update for anyone else looking for help with this, I had got it wrong it is actually from (Mint 8) xsplash.

And details on changing it can be found at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7939/how ... untu-9.10/

Return to “Installation & Boot”