Have dual boot mint/vista - want to go to mint only

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cgutzmer

Have dual boot mint/vista - want to go to mint only

Post by cgutzmer »

is there an easy way to accomplish this? I dont want to have to reformat my current mint partition but rather just grow it to use all the disk space (and reformat the windows stuff of course) I will then be using a virtual box for the two blasted windows apps I couldnt find suitable repalcements for ;)
Thanks!
Chris
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Have dual boot mint/vista - want to go to mint only

Post by remoulder »

Please search the Howto section.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Since Mint is most likely to the right of Vista you might have to change partition numbers to do what you want and that would confuse GRUB.

To avoid the GRUB confusion you could make a remastered copy of Mint using Remastersys and then reinstall, using the entire disk option.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ys#p156356
cgutzmer

Post by cgutzmer »

Thanks for the informative post Markcynt - it is appreciated! And you are correct - its to the right :)
Chris

Return to “Installation & Boot”