we want more firmware of wifi on Mint 9 Livecd!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wylton

we want more firmware of wifi on Mint 9 Livecd!

Post by wylton »

I know more my friend want to install mint 9, (o ubunto), but miss driver of wireless...

can livecd of mint 9 include more firmware, like isl3886usb (for prismGT),etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Biker
Level 5
Level 5

Re: we want more firmware of wifi on Mint 9 Livecd!

Post by Biker »

If every distro included every possible driver for the myriad of peripherals out there, there wouldn't be any room on the CD or DVD for anything else.
Linux User #384279
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Even if the drivers you want are available, it is too late to get them on the Mint 9 CD. That is already frozen except for bug fixes resulting from RC 1 testing.

Hardware drivers in general are not the responsibility of the Mint developers. They are part of the kernel and all Linux distros using the same kernel will have mostly the same driver loadout (with the possible exception of proprietary drivers from companies like Nvidia, ATI Radeon, and Broadcom)
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

wylton wrote:I know more my friend want to install mint 9, (o ubunto), but miss driver of wireless...
If some wireless driver is not being included, you could perhaps search to find it..
http://www.linux-wireless.org/Drivers/

But if it is not being included in that distribution, there might be a reason beyond packaging requirements; in which case you will have to integrate that selection by yourself..

Return to “Installation & Boot”