Fakeraid

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dwtj01

Fakeraid

Post by dwtj01 »

Hey guys. I'd like to commend you on an excellent release, however, I wanted to make sure you're aware of the following bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/568050

Since this effected Ubuntu 10.04, it looks like it carried over to Mint 9. Unfortunate, if there's anyone out there wanting to use a fakeraid Raid 0 or Raid 1 with Mint, especially the dual booters out there, it will not work. Your install will fail. I confirmed the same behavior in Mint 9 RC tonight. Thanks.

Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dwtj01

Re: Fakeraid

Post by dwtj01 »

An update. The person whom this bug is assigned to is stating a fix should be included for the Ubuntu 10.04.1 release. The date for this point release is some time in July.

However, he claimed he may have the bug actually fixed as soon as this weekend.
Andersony

Re: Fakeraid

Post by Andersony »

Also note that dwtj01's link (above) contains a few users workarounds (towards the bottom) that actually got me up and running under a NVidia Raid0 install of Isadora.

Also, if you take the time to read some of the comments in there about how user are frustrated about this 'confirmed bug', keep in mind while doing so, that this is not the Mint developers fault, its inherited from the Ubuntu distro :evil:

I'm just glad there is some talent to tap on to get it up and running when problems like these occur...

-Andersony

Return to “Installation & Boot”