No Help With Loading Linux9?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jacksbutlerjohn

No Help With Loading Linux9?

Post by jacksbutlerjohn »

I see that lots of people are having trouble getting Linux 9 to install and boot up, but no-one seems to be getting any replies as to how to solve this? I installed it perfectly, buy a page come up with nothing but "grub>" on it? What does that mean? I would appreciate some help here. Nothing like this happens with editions 6 through to 8. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: No Help With Loading Linux9?

Post by proxima_centauri »

Do you get a grub> prompt or grub-rescue> prompt?
kansasnoob

Post by kansasnoob »

If you'll attach the results of the Boot Info Script as described in the following link I'll gladly take a look:

http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/

Of course since you can't boot into Mint you'll need to run it using the Live CD.
jacksbutlerjohn

Thanks for the replies and I get a Grub> prompt. Can I type "login" or what? Thanks...........
kansasnoob

Post by kansasnoob »

jacksbutlerjohn wrote:Thanks for the replies and I get a Grub> prompt. Can I type "login" or what? Thanks...........
It's going to require some troubleshooting and the simplest way to begin is if we can see the output of the Boot Info Script as described here:

http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/

Really :D
jacksbutlerjohn

Well, I tried again and it installed just fine! No idea why it wouldn't the first time, but thanks for all the help :D

Return to “Installation & Boot”