mint 9...worst first impressions yet

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tnewman72

mint 9...worst first impressions yet

Post by tnewman72 »

hi all,
i am a mint fan and have come to love it as being ubuntu on steroids.

i love how everything just works, and non frees are easy to get etc etc..the usual stuff.

also, it just works. Well Ubuntu 10.04 doesnt work well at all on my acer aspite 5536G and just about everything since v7 has done so without really any issues.

But i cant even get ubuntu to get to the desktop screen- login.

Same for mint 9.

its the first time ivre ever had such issues with mint and i am annoyed that it isnt fool proof for fools like me.

not even in compat mode.

i am worried that i wont be able to upgrade to v10 (or ubtunu 10.1) in a few months..and then 11 etc etc.

is there an alternative download of an image that actually works?

i am thinking of going to try out fedora 13..works like a charm off the live cd.

please advise.

thanks,

tim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sgx

Re: mint 9...worst first impressions yet

Post by sgx »

Hi, I burned the Mint 9 Gnome live CD earlier tonight, it runs on an HP G60 laptop,
(no heavy testing yet) but on an Athlon 3800 nVidia 6100 desktop, there is only a message
wandering around the screen, saying 'No input found'. The birth pangs are here :)
Cheers

Return to “Installation & Boot”