Removing alternate Dual boot OS

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Leomas
Level 1
Level 1

Removing alternate Dual boot OS

Post by Leomas »

This may be something already answered though I couldn't find it with the searches I ran so...

I rebuilt my laptop repeatedly with different flavours of Linux and most recently as dual-boot with Mint 9.0 and OpenSUSE as I was not sure which best suited how I wanted to work and I was trying to work through the options as quickly as possible. Having got Mint to how I want it complete with a Windows Virtual Machine (which has been the main reason for OS hopping) I want to remove the OpenSUSE to get all the space back since this is not an over-endowed laptop. Is there a simple process which I have simply not noticed? I really really don't want to lose all the work I have done in Mint as this is the first time I have got all the bits I need working simultaneously.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: Removing alternate Dual boot OS

Post by oobetimer »

Leomas wrote:This may be something already answered though I couldn't find it with the searches I ran so...

I rebuilt my laptop repeatedly with different flavours of Linux and most recently as dual-boot with Mint 9.0 and OpenSUSE as I was not sure which best suited how I wanted to work and I was trying to work through the options as quickly as possible. Having got Mint to how I want it complete with a Windows Virtual Machine (which has been the main reason for OS hopping) I want to remove the OpenSUSE to get all the space back since this is not an over-endowed laptop. Is there a simple process which I have simply not noticed? I really really don't want to lose all the work I have done in Mint as this is the first time I have got all the bits I need working simultaneously.
You need to fix grub2 and the partitions you can alter via live-CD

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2#User-defined Entries

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2#Removing Entries from Grub 2

Return to “Installation & Boot”