Live CD / USB not booting

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lovejames

Live CD / USB not booting

Post by lovejames »

Hi,

I have been trying to install Isadora on my Netbook but its just not happening. Even Live CD/USB is not getting booted. Live CD takes about 25 minutes to boot. From Live CD when I try to install it takes a hell lot of time to progress through each step of installation and it gets hanged at Step 3. After about 15 minutes, it shows me Step 4 and tells me that I don't have any operating system installed in my netbook whereas I am already running Windows XP. When I tried logging into Live USB, it continuously shows me some DRDY ERR messages which end with something like ada: EH Complete. It goes on for ever. I even tried installing Mint4Win but at the time of boot up it says: Missing MBR Helper.

I have already repartitioned my hard drive and reinstalled windows but still the problem exists. I have earlier installed Ubuntu 10.04 before which also failed. The history of that problem is available at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1484068

Someone please suggest me how to overcome this problem. :cry:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
distrohopper

Re: Live CD / USB not booting

Post by distrohopper »

What are the specs on the netbook? More specifically, how much RAM does it have and how fast is the processor?

Regular Linux Mint is really intended for full powered desktops and laptops. Netbooks on the other hand aren't quite as powerful. You may want to try the LXDE version of Mint, which is lighter on system resources.
lovejames

Post by lovejames »

My NetBook has 150GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Intel Atom (1.6GHz) Processor. Does LM support this config? Infact, the version that I loaded prior to LM was Ubuntu NBR.
farmersdaughter

Post by farmersdaughter »

I had this issue on my laptop. I could not even get to the main screen. Interested in the solution too.
lovejames

Post by lovejames »

I have tried the "i915.modeset=1" option as suggested in another post. I still have the problem.
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

lovejames wrote:I have tried the "i915.modeset=1" option as suggested in another post. I still have the problem.
Some another distro may works on your computer ..

http://distrowatch.com/
Last edited by oobetimer on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovejames

Post by lovejames »

Like I said, I tried Ubuntu earlier. Both these distros keep showing some error messages while booting up. Something like "ata3: EH Complete"

Return to “Installation & Boot”