Another Raid Issue for whoever cares

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Minty Bytes

Another Raid Issue for whoever cares

Post by Minty Bytes »

Dual Core 4200
2 Gig DDR3 ram
2 x 160 gig Sata drives.

The short and curlies of it, when you install mint it works completely through the installation but recognises the disks as 1x 320 gig drive. Yea i can deal with it, however i would prefer to see it a 1x 160 gig drive but double seek time.... but haven't worked that out yet as Mint only sees it one way, not as 2 separate drives either....

Installation speeds along till it gets to the installation of grub, then popup occurs saying cant do it error in and lists this enormous page of guff... So im back to XP again, and mint on a laptop.... but that's not really adequate for my needs.

I guess some one will work it out...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ronparent

Re: Another Raid Issue for whoever cares

Post by ronparent »

Mint sees it as only one drive because you are probably booting to a raid0 (striped array) system. If that is so and you were to try to install to only one of the 2 physical drives you would then successfully wipe out whatever might already be on the drive. Likewise, it will fail to install the grub bootloader if you don't select the "Advanced" box in step 8 of the installation and enter the name of the array - ie "/dev/mapper/<YourRaidArray>".

Return to “Installation & Boot”