Linux Mint/Ubuntu dual boot problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rubenosqui

Linux Mint/Ubuntu dual boot problem

Post by rubenosqui »

I need help please !!!

I installed linux Mint 9 recently on my new built, part of the new built included a RAID card PNY S-CURE 5 Port Sata Hard Drive PCI Data.

I initially setup the RAID using the BIOS of the card it was nice and symple, boot up with a live cd and there it was mint was able to see and recognize my RAID0 as a regular drive sdb, run lspci inside the command line and there was my card listed.

I have a different boot drive (SSD which is not part of the RAID0) so i went ahead and installed mint to the SSD drive, after the installation clompleted i rebooted the pc and boom my RAID sdb was not showing anymore i took a look at gparted and it was there i tried fdisk -l and it was showing there just fine i formated it using a ext4 only one big partition. Then i tried mounting the drive using sudo mount /dev/sdb but i got an error saying that it was busy or not found on mtab.

I booted again using the live cd to try to mount it that way back i got the same result.

For curiosity and make sure i was going to be able to use my RAID setup using only the card BIOS i went ahead and i installed Ubuntu on the RAID sdb, the installation went fine, then rebooted the pc and i saw lilo where i could choose OS to boot from MINT and Ubuntu, i selected Ubuntu and i was able to boot and use it without no problems while using Ubuntu i was able to see SSD drive sda

Then i rebooted back to MINT and there i was able to see my RAID drive sdb i am able to open it, view all the contents and save more information on it (however i cannot create a new folder i need to navigate to /Home to create new folders)

What i am trying to do now is remove the boot (lilo) screen so whenever i start my computer it automatilly loads MINT and also how to remove ubuntu from the RAID drive sdb and still able to use it on MINT??? i now i could format it using gparted creating a new file system or using fdisk but then i am afraid i wont be able to mount it again

Please help!!! i need to get this sort it out
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Linux Mint/Ubuntu dual boot problem

Post by remoulder »

Please download and run the boot info script and post the output back here.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Installation & Boot”