Luks Install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dummkauf

Luks Install

Post by dummkauf »

Ok, I want to try out Mint on my laptop, however the lack of support for Luks in the installer appears to be an issue.

I currently have Debian installed, and everything but /boot encrypted with LUKS. My /home is on it's own partition and I want to install over everything but /home like I would normally do when trying out a new distro. Now, I understand that I can load up dm-crypt and any other utilities I need to make an encrypted system from within the live-cd environment. However, once that is done, will I be able to open up the encrypted LVM partition containing swap, /, and /home, and install Mint into / and set the mount point for /home and swap and continue using the Mint installer, or will I be doing a manual install at that point?

Does the kernel have support for LUKS for resuming from suspend/hibernate or would I need to recompile my kernel to include these things?

Any plans for including LUKS as an installation option in future releases? Or maybe just giving an "advanced" option in the partitioner that provides this functionality?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
piratesmack

Re: Luks Install

Post by piratesmack »

It's kind of a pain, but it is possible
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ck#p283663

The kernel has support for it, but the Ubiquity installer doesn't.
I wonder how hard it would be to port Anaconda to Mint?

Return to “Installation & Boot”