How Do I Delete Additional Log-in Sessions

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Isthmus

How Do I Delete Additional Log-in Sessions

Post by Isthmus »

I'm running Linux Mint 9. I did the DVD install. I also installed Qimo For Kids (Xubuntu based) as an additional log-in session). Today I also added Linux Mint 9 XFCE as an additional log in session. Here is my problem:

When I log in, the log in screen is giving me the following session options:

- Fail Safe Gnome
- Gnome
- Linux Mint Xfce Session
- Qimo Session
- Xfce Session
- Xterm
- Xubuntu Session

I did not intentionally install the last three sessions and see no reason to have them. Unless they are necessary I would like tor remove them. Can someone explain how to do it?

Also When installing the Qimo session, it replaced the ubuntu-like Linux Mint boot splash (the one with the 4 dots) with a Xubuntu boot splash (the mouse with the word Xubuntu next to it). Would removing the additional sessions restore the Mint boot splash or do I need to intentionally restore it.

If I can't fix it I'll just wipe pout the system and install from scratch, but I'm hoping to avoid that. Thanks for the help.

BTW, as it is now, every session is working fine and without conflicts (at least as far as I can tell).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Isthmus

Re: How Do I Delete Additional Log-in Sessions

Post by Isthmus »

Any ideas?

Return to “Installation & Boot”