Boot from LiveDVD stuck at "Console: switching to [...]"

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kaeltis

Boot from LiveDVD stuck at "Console: switching to [...]"

Post by Kaeltis »

Hey,
nearly all of the problems i had with differend Linux distributions and their live CDs were related to my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3870, with DVI to HDMI adapter) but i could fix most of them by adding "xforcevesa" to the parameters.
The main problem was always, that after booting the top of the screen was filled with some crappy, strange colored, ****, which was for example the login screen, the rest of the screen was blank/black.
Im telling you this, because it could maybe help to fix my new problem im having with Mint 9 or maybe you even got a better solution than adding "xforcevesa", which btw. seems only be needed when booting LiveCDs (if i remember right, it wasn't needed for booting after the installation).

Now to my problem im having right now:
I booted the Isadora Gnome LiveDVD (32bit) and first tried it with normal boot, but it got stuck after the resolution seemed to have changed with "_" showing at the top of the screen.
After i rebooted, i tried adding "xforcevesa" to the normal boot command, because that always helped me, even if i never got that problem before (even didn't had that problem with Mint 8 ) but it also got stuck.
At last i rebooted and tried the Compatibility Mode, but it also got stuck with the message "console switching to colour frame buffer device 240x67".

Im sorry, i can't post any logs or outputs, because i can't get it booted.

I hope someone can help me =)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kaeltis

Re: Boot from LiveDVD stuck at "Console: switching to [...]"

Post by Kaeltis »

Thanks =)
nomodeset together with xforcevesa worked for me.

Return to “Installation & Boot”