Constant "freeze" on laptop running Live CD

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
felotrrs

Constant "freeze" on laptop running Live CD

Post by felotrrs »

I got this problem with any live distribution in many editions of them, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora live, etc.
When I am starting the live CD (in this case from an USB), on my netbook Toshiba NB100, after a pointer click, the system just gets freeze constantly and constantly; i can't even open the main menu, and it's impossible to run installation of menthioned linux distributions.
It's important to say that I tried to run live distributions on 4 netbooks from the same model and the results were that in two of them, it works perfect. but gives me the same problem in two of them.
I wish somebody have experienced the same problem and would tell me how to succesfully install a linux distribution.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Constant "freeze" on laptop running Live CD

Post by dawgdoc »

It sounds like you may have stumbled into the Kernel Modesetting (KMS) issue. It can manifest in several ways. Check this post. First try the nomodeset boot parameter outlined in the post and its links before trying the commands for specific hardware.

Return to “Installation & Boot”