Boot Isadora (Mint 9) sometimes stalled

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kurotsuki

Boot Isadora (Mint 9) sometimes stalled

Post by kurotsuki »

I have a problem on my installation on Compaq 510 (Core2Duo, GME965 Chipset, Intel GMA X1300, 1GB RAM, Broadcom BCM4312 WLAN).

A few days ago I installed Isadora LXDE. With this installation, I have a problem on booting. It's often give me a blank screen with blinking cursor on top left of the screen which will go hours when I let it that way. I have to force shutdown (by holding power button) and start it up again to retry. And I always needed to repeat this until it actually boot to login screen.

Yesterday (Tuesday actually) I install again on the same laptop. This time, I try Isadora KDE edition. That problem is still there. I always need to reboot over and over again until I got the login screen.

2 edition (LXDE and KDE) have that problem. Both edition was installed in default way (use entire HD, default boot manager) and no other OS installed (Isadora is the only one). Can anyone explain what happen to my installation of Isadora?

Note: In this edition, the WLAN cannot be used (unlike LXDE edition), so I had to use ndiswrapper to install WLAN's windows driver. Al though this seems has no connection as the problem occurs prior and post WLAN installation.

regards,
Tiar
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurotsuki

Re: Boot Isadora (Mint 9) sometimes stalled

Post by kurotsuki »

thanks. I've tried that solution and it seems working (at least for a couple of boot efforts). I hope it wont have any problem in the future.
my case is solved :)
kurotsuki

Post by kurotsuki »

I guess its' not solved yet. It happen again. still quite often :(
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

kurotsuki wrote:I guess its' not solved yet. It happen again. still quite often :(
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 85#p282319

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 71#p306205

Return to “Installation & Boot”