Cannot Install on Emachine EZ1601

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jacksbutleruk

Cannot Install on Emachine EZ1601

Post by jacksbutleruk »

I have an emachine ez1601 all-in-one pc with XP pro installed. I boot up with Linux 9KDE and it gets past the boot screen to where it says "load" and then stops dead. I've tried several times with no luck. The same thing happens with Mepis and PCLinux. I know the Linux Mint dvd is OK because I have installed it perfectly on my old dell laptop. Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Cannot Install on Emachine EZ1601

Post by dawgdoc »

In another thread I posted this
It sounds like you may have stumbled into the Kernel Modesetting (KMS) issue. It can manifest in several ways. Check this post. First try the nomodeset boot parameter outlined in the post and its links before trying the commands for specific hardware.
stuka

Re: Cannot Install on Emachine EZ1601

Post by stuka »

Hi,
I have the same machine. Couldn't install neither Ubuntu 10.04 nor the latest version of linux mint.

I had readed that there were some changes in both distributions in this forum, so I booted from a Ubuntu 9.10 CD and could install and then update with no problem except I have to disable some option in the bios related with an error on booting the first time after installing.

Everything ran smoothly after that. I imagine that you could do something similar with Linux Mint.

cheers

P.d. sorry for my english

Return to “Installation & Boot”