Problem with booting after install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
archish85

Problem with booting after install

Post by archish85 »

Hi,

I had installed Linux Mint 9 KDE 64 bit on my Fujitsu Lifebook A550 two weeks ago. The installation worked fine and I had used it for about a week without any hassles. During an install of google-video chat plugin I ran into a problem where my browsers would not start and I decided to have a fresh install.

But now I am running into problems while installing the same copy on the same laptop. The live-DVD works fine and it even installs without any problem, but when I reboot I am left with a blank screen. I use an USB (making a bootable USB using unetbootin). Please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Old Ruler
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Problem with booting after install

Post by Old Ruler »

Odd that it worked before, but not again. It doesn't seem likely the installation method would make the difference.

If you've still got the bootable USB stick, you could probably repair the installation from running the live OS, or if you can boot Recovery Mode? Could take some command line work though. Or you could try installing again. Could be 3rd. time lucky. :)

Return to “Installation & Boot”