Mint and W7

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AuToFiRE

Mint and W7

Post by AuToFiRE »

So I have both Mint and W7 installed, since i couldnt get W7 to coexist on the same hard drive as Mint, i used my 1.5TB hard drive from windows and my 2TB for Linux, now, i canboot into both by using the BIOS to change what hard drive boots first, but i want to use GRUB instead. But this is where it gets a bit interesting

I did the sudo update-grub thing and all went to plan, it found windows 7 and all that, but when i try to boot into windows(not of real importance anyway, just using it to catch up to help other people with their problems) i get an error saying that it cant be found. What should I do to overcome this problem? id rather lose windows than mint, but both is a bonus

edit:
the error is "partition not found"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
StanTheMan

Re: Mint and W7

Post by StanTheMan »

First , I don't see why you could not dual boot on the master drive. It is usually a siumple matter of reducing the size of C;drive , then createing some Linux partitions as logical prtitions in the new empty space.

Second. Can you make a copy with a text editor , of the file ' /boot/grub/grub.cfg . This is a read-only text file. It is the file that actually tries to boot the listings in your bootloader menu .
We can see what is strange about this file wording.

Return to “Installation & Boot”