Installed Mint KDE 9, but booted to black screen

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cSquall

Installed Mint KDE 9, but booted to black screen

Post by cSquall »

The LiveCD worked flawlessly, I had checked the MD5Sum before doing the install, and the install went fine until I had to reboot. At this point, all I got was a black screen with a flashing cursor. It didn't take any input from the keyboard (just realized: using a USB keyboard, perhaps it didn't pick this up?).

I had really been wanting to try Mint KDE, since it seemed to be an improved Kubuntu, but if it won't boot after an install, that really doesn't sound like a viable version for my box...

Thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: Installed Mint KDE 9, but booted to black screen

Post by oobetimer »

cSquall wrote:The LiveCD worked flawlessly, I had checked the MD5Sum before doing the install, and the install went fine until I had to reboot. At this point, all I got was a black screen with a flashing cursor. It didn't take any input from the keyboard (just realized: using a USB keyboard, perhaps it didn't pick this up?).

I had really been wanting to try Mint KDE, since it seemed to be an improved Kubuntu, but if it won't boot after an install, that really doesn't sound like a viable version for my box...

Thoughts?
Keyword is nomodeset .. :wink:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... et#p308512

Return to “Installation & Boot”