How to parttition the drive in debian mint?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
redneo

How to parttition the drive in debian mint?

Post by redneo »

I'M trying to install deb mint and I have not messed with this partition setup. Can anyone point me to a partition guide. I'm wanting to install so bad. I checked the debian testing info and didn't see anything helpful
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vincent

Re: How to parttition the drive in debian mint?

Post by vincent »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=11872

If you want specific advice tailored for you, please let us know more about your current hardware, i.e. hard drive space, and any other pertinent info (e.g. are you setting up a dual-boot setup?). Oh, and GParted comes with Debian Mint (and all other versions of Mint as well) for your partitioning needs.
redneo

Post by redneo »

I'm installing on a acer aspire one 160 GB hard drive, I just want mint on it. I was trying to do a fresh install does this help I'm use to the ubuntu style install
vincent

Post by vincent »

Just follow the installer step-by-step; it should be fairly intuitive, especially since you've installed Ubuntu before. The only real difference is that Mint Debian's installer doesn't have a built-in partitioner like Ubuntu's Ubiquity installer does; during the partitioning stage, Mint will open up GParted in order for you to setup partitions.
redneo

Post by redneo »

That where I get freaked about this. I think it says setup a root, swap the other stuff What size would be useful for each
redneo

Post by redneo »

I think I got the partitions figure out and it started to install files but it stops at usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.O is this a big file or is this a hangup spot
StanTheMan

Post by StanTheMan »

Basically there is no difference between installing Mint 9 and Debian , except in the Root password. My normal partition layout includes 7 GB for Root , 2 GB for swap, and a large partition mounted on /home (all ext4).
That file usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.O appears to be a Samba client file from its applicatiion. It does not appear in my installatiion.
libssd
Level 4
Level 4

Post by libssd »

Are you installing from an optical drive or from a USB? I had problems with USB installation; gave up, and had to use a DVD.

Return to “Installation & Boot”