Kernel Panic! I needed to reinstall mint 9, what a pain....

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spirit469

Kernel Panic! I needed to reinstall mint 9, what a pain....

Post by spirit469 »

I dual boot XP and Mint 9 on an Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop, and for some reason yesterday whenever I tried to boot into Mint 9 it always gave me this message

Code: Select all

.694787 kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown wn-block (0,0)
I only installed mint just last week, so there weren't that many files and applications to lose, but if this had happened later on it would have been very disheartening. Does anyone know why it happened? Does anyone know how to fix it without losing data and desktop settings? If not is it possible for this to be fixed in a future update for Mint 9? I believe other people have had problems with this type of error on Ubuntu 10.04, so could it perhaps be related to that, since many of mint's updates are based upon those of Ubuntu?

Anyway, if anyone could help that would be appreciated greatly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spirit469

Re: Kernel Panic! I needed to reinstall mint 9, what a pain.

Post by spirit469 »

Ok, could you be a little more specific? I apologize but for me, this does not help that much....
oobetimer

Re: Kernel Panic! I needed to reinstall mint 9, what a pain.

Post by oobetimer »

spirit469 wrote:Ok, could you be a little more specific? I apologize but for me, this does not help that much....
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ue#p312060

Return to “Installation & Boot”