Choose User on startup

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
weaston

Choose User on startup

Post by weaston »

Hi,

I have set up two user accounts on Mint 9. Currently on startup, Mint9 automatically logs into my user profile. If my wife wants to log in, she must then switch users. Is there a way I can set mint to allow us to select which user profile to log into from the start instead of it first logging into my user profile?

Also is there a way to "disable" the password option. Everytime we switch users or leave the pc idle for a while we have to enter our password again. This is a little irritating.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: Choose User on startup

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

Open your menu, type

login

click 'Login Screen', then Authenticate

Regards,
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Choose User on startup

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

weaston wrote:Is there a way I can set mint to allow us to select which user profile to log into from the start instead of it first logging into my user profile?
Yes, disable auto-login. Mint Menu > Control Center > System Group > Login Screen. You can customize your preferences from there.
weaston wrote:...leave the pc idle for a while we have to enter our password again...
You may be referring to the password screen when the screensaver kicks in. You can disable that as well. Mint Menu > Control Center > Look and Feel Group > Screensaver. Uncheck the box for Lock screen when screensaver is active.

HTH.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Installation & Boot”